Sunday, August 01, 2004

Blaaaaag

This post replaces one that I had almost finished writing, only to have my browser crash. Damn your eyes, someone else than me!

Blogging lag... yes, only days after I undertook to blog every day, I've had a big quiet spell. Why?

This last couple of weeks was particularly manic even for me. During the period, I started this blog, moved my website to a little self-hosted box, started building a new site to replace my current one in Delphi 8 (and it's red too, cool ey?), and got back into The Land Canaan, my old band, in a big way. And went to work. And looked after the kids. And started a night course at TAFE in electronics (robots man, robots). I'll blog something about that course in the fullness of time. But anyway...

Any such manic phase is just begging for a crash, and it came on Friday. It felt like I'd had my head rammed through a brick wall; I stumbled through that day all scratched and bleeding. I resolved to spend the weekend lying on my face.

Actually, I spent with my family in a small town at a friend's pub, staying in the upstairs rooms, lovely. Very calm. But no internet (probably a good thing). I floated through most of the weekend in a blissful cloud of intellectual fuzz, not uncommon for me in a crashdown period. It felt like my brain had been carefully placed in a box of cotton wool. Sometimes it's a lot more like many moons of deep depression, so this was a damned fine weekend.

And I think I might be ready to bounce back, which is excellent! Hopefully I can go completely beserk this week, get on top of the blogging situation, cut some code for my new site, get the real version of Dido's Lament done (the draft is on my main page), and some other stuff I haven't thought of yet. Woo hoo!

I'll try to finish the post I was doing, called "Space and Robots", about the new boom in fun sci-fi type tech, namely space and robots!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home