Sunday, September 25, 2005

My Website is Back!

EmlynORegan.comMy website is back! Fantastic! For ages, emlynoregan.com has been pointing here. But eventually I got it together, bought some server space and recreated my old site. From the site:

"My website is back. I've painstakingly converting it to C# from Delphi.net, and to MySQL from SQL Server. Why? Well, it's running on a linux machine, using mono, apache, and MySql. Amazing! Even more amazing, I'm developing entirely in plain vanilla Visual Studio 2003, on IIS on Windows 2003, deploying by copying the copiled code to the linux box, and it just works."

Damn, I'm so stoked to have it back and working, and now I'm undertaking major renovations. Already, it's able to cope with test & production versions sharing a database, multiple sites working from the one installed codebase, and user authentication with varying levels of security. Yee-haa!

(Stuff like this really excites me - yes I'm that much of a geek)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home